It’s Kentucky Derby week again! And nothing goes better on a sunny spring Derby week day than a great cocktail!
Check out these cocktail recipes from Diageo:
- 1.25 oz. Bulleit Bourbon 10 Year Old
- 1.5 tsp. sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
Directions: Muddle mint leaves, sugar and splash of water in a rocks glass or julep cup. Add Bulleit 10, water, and fill glass with crushed ice and stir. Garnish with fresh mint.
Blade and Bow “New” Fashioned
- In an old fashioned glass (or rocks glass, whichever is readily available)
- 1.25 oz. Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1.5 oz. simple syrup
- Muddle 1 orange slice
- Add ice
- 0.75 oz. St-Germain
- Top with a splash of soda and garnish with an orange slice and cherry
Cocktail developed by Mark Corley, The Silver Dollar in Louisville, Kentucky
- 1.5 oz. I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- .5 oz. Grenadine
- .5 oz. Lemon juice
- .5 oz. Grapefruit juice
- 3 Dashes Orange bitters
Shake and Strain over fresh ice in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Blade in the Bluegrass
Cocktail developed by Michael Harper, OBC Kitchen in Lexington, Kentucky
- 1.3 oz. Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz. Roasted peach-infused simple syrup
- 6-8 mint leaves
- crushed ice
In shaker, add mint leaves and roasted peach-infused simple syrup. Gently muddle ingredients to express essence of mint. Add freshly cracked ice and Blade and Bow. Shake well. Crush fresh ice and pack into Julep Cup. Fine strain drink over crushed ice in Julep Cup. Garnish with fresh mint sprig and bruleed slice of peach.
Cocktail developed by Adam McCraith, OBC Kitchen in Lexington, Kentucky
- 1.3 oz. Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 22 Year Old
- .5 oz. Honey simple syrup
- 5-7 Mint leaves
- Sparkling brut to finish
In mixing glass, add mint leaves and honey simple syrup. Gently muddle ingredients to express essence of mint. Add freshly cracked ice and Blade and Bow 22 Year Old. Stir well. Crush lavender infused ice, and pack into Julep Cup. Fine strain spirit over crushed lavender ice in Julep Cup. Top with sparkling brut. Garnish with sprig of lavender and mint.
Cocktail developed by Destinee Almonte, No Vacancy LA*
- 1 oz. The Gifted Horse American Whiskey
- .25 oz. Velvet Falernum
- 1 Quarter roasted pear
- 2 Bar spoons sugar
- 1 Dash Cardamom Bitters
- Topped with soda
Garnish with a sugared pear.