I recently found some bombers of Country Boy Brewing‘s Nacho Bait Habanero Blonde Ale. I tried it, and naturally, loved it. But as I was drinking it, the thought kept running through my head: “This would make amazing beer cheese.” So I tried it, and I was right.
Want to make a batch for yourself?
- 1 LB shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Coleman’s Mustard Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, depending on heat preference
- Hot Sauce (I used Sriracha, any will work)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
- Country Boys Brewing Nacho Bait Habanero Blonde Ale (8-10 ounces ).
- Food Processor
How to make it:
- Whisk 8-10 ounces of beer in a separate container until it loses some or most of its carbonation (about a minute)
- Add the cheese, garlic, worchestershire, salt, pepper, cayenne, mustard to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the beer and continue to mix until it’s all smooth, not watery.
- Begin drinking remaining beer.
- Add hot sauce to taste. (the beer has a slow heat, so don’t over do it)
- Cover the beer cheese and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Continue drinking beer.