Today, is Tuesday, August 25th. It’s National Whiskey Sour Day!
Whiskey sours can be made in so many different ways that it’s hard to pin down the standard recipe. Do you include an egg white? (Yes.) Should there be any soda? (No, that makes it a Collins, silly.)
Still, here’s a tried and true classic recipe for a whiskey sour:
- 5 ounces of Whiskey- we recommend a spicy rye whiskey like Rittenhouse Rye from Heaven Hill.
- 5 ounces of lemon juice, fresh (sour mix can be used in place of the lemon juice and simple syrup if you hate ‘Murrica)
- .75 Ounces Simple Syrup
- 1 egg white (optional, but really not)
- 1 maraschino cherry and/or 1 lemon/orange slice
- 5 more ounces of Rittenhouse Rye.
To make the cocktail:
- Drink 1.5 Ounces of Rittenhouse Rye.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (less the cherry) in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Pour over ice cubes and serve with a cherry and/or lemon/orange slice for garnish.