What is an average red blooded American who happens to blog about and review whiskey on a regular basis to do when his home is blanketed under over a foot of soft, fluffy, white, COLD snow?
Make a cocktail with it…out of bourbon, of course.
I sort of winged this one based on what I had available in the Modern Thirst compound. It’s sort of a cross between a snow cone, a bourbon sour, and a whiskey grenadine. So it’s a Snourbon Grenadour…or something. Who cares? It was tasty.
- Bourbon (I chose Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star)
- Orange Juice
- Sour Mix
- Maraschino Cherries
- Snow (crushed ice will work for those of you not living in the Arctic Tundra that is Kentucky at the moment)
1. In the shaker, combine:
- 1 Part Bourbon
- 2 Parts Sour Mix
- 1 Part orange juice
- .5 Parts Grenadine
- 1 More Part Bourbon
- A few Ice Cubes (for the shaker)
- Maybe a little more bourbon
2. Shake well.
3. On the side, get a handful of snow and make as dense and tightly packed snowball as you can make. Place in rocks glass.
4. Pour Shaker over snow balls.
5. Add 2 Maraschino Cherries.
6. Maybe splash it with just a touch more bourbon.
7. Enjoy! Cheers!