A lot has happened in the two years since West Sixth Brewing has poured its first pint in Lexington, KY. There has been brewing, canning, lawsuits, fish frys, a basketball national championship and most importantly good quality craft beer being distributed to the Bluegrass and beyond. See details from an email below about their birthday party, this Saturday March 29, 2014.
“Dear friend —
Can you believe it? It’s been two years since we’ve opened our doors!
Come celebrate with us on Saturday! More info here.
We’ve got a huge day planned. Here’s a quick rundown of events:
- We’ll open at 10am with a special coffee stout experimental beer, breakfast from Smithtown Seafood, and coffee from Magic Beans
- Also, at 10am Cricket Press will have a limited edition West Sixth print available for sale
- We’re giving you a birthday present — free glassware at 10am and again at 3pm
- At 10am we’ll also give away a super limited run of West Sixth 6-pack coolers
- At Noon, we’ll tap our special birthday beer — a tart cherry quad, should be tasty!
- We’ll have a firkin bar of your favorite firkins starting at 2pm
- Ben, Brady, and Joe will run hourly tours of the new brewery from 12-5
- We’ll have doughnuts from North Lime coffee and Doughnuts in the morning and cupcakes from Sunrise Bakery at night
- We’ll have Fork in the Road as our food truck that night and Smithtown Seafood will be serving up a great menu, as well
All the info can be found on the facebook event here.
So come on down Saturday and have a pint with us! Should be a fun day!
Ben, Brady, Joe and Robin
Your friends from West Sixth”